Be a Part of the Arts - As a Volunteer.
The Yukon Arts Centre relies on volunteers to literally help run the show. Our volunteers are an integral part of the artistic community in the North, ensuring that we continue to bring wonderful shows and exhibits to our stages and venues. It is an opportunity to meet people, learn new skills (and perhaps discover a hidden talent or career path), watch the shows, and have a lot of fun.
WHAT DOES A VOLUNTEER DO?
Well, you can:
- Be a part of the Front of House Team. That means you are the host of the show - taking care of guests, welcoming them to the YAC, coat check, help people find their seats, assist audience members during the performance
- Safety & Security – help guard the location against illegal entry and misconduct, in order to keep the guests safe and protect the building
- Art Gallery Monitors – are necessary to keep the Gallery open during evening performances and on weekends. Protect the artwork and answer inquiries from the guests, all while surrounded by beautiful art
- Gallery & Art Education Volunteers are always in demand. If you have an interest in the arts or education and have a little time to volunteer, we would love some of your expertise and passion
- Tech Crew – This is the perfect opportunity to learn some valuable backstage skill and tricks of the trade as you help run the theatre. Be a Stage Manager, Production Crew, Lighting and/or Sound Technician. This is the chance to work alongside visiting artists and production staff.
The sky is the limit on the emotional fulfillment, education and entertainment you will receive from being a volunteer in this vibrant and creative environment.
To find out more about donating your time as a volunteer contact:
Front of House Manager / Volunteers Coordinator
To be a part of the Tech Crew contact:
Director of Production