Culture Days is a national celebration of arts and culture. At the end of each September, millions of people attend thousands of participatory arts and culture events across the country. Culture Days programs invite the public to get hands-on and behind-the-scenes to highlight the importance of arts and culture in our communities.
The Culture Days organization supports a Canada-wide network of arts, culture, and heritage organizers to facilitate free public events in their communities every year during the Culture Days weekend.
In Whitehorse, the Yukon Arts Centre along with many partners will have a wide variety of activities planned all over the city, September 26 & 27. All events are great for families, with lots of hands-on experiences for the children and adults alike.
Be sure to drop by the Yukon Arts Centre’s Culture Hub at the Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre on September 26.
The following September 26 events at the Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre require registration and are free. Click on each link to register and for more info.
1. Clay Workshops - Hand Building a Mug - 1:00pm to 4:30pm
2. Beading Workshop with Copper Caribou - 1:30pm to 3:30pm
3. Poetry Walk - (haiku walk) with kjmunro - 2pm to 3pm
4. Urban Photo Walk with Mark Kelly - 2pm to 4pm
5. SEPT. 27: Airings and Endlings: Readings by Joanna Lilley and Ellen Bielawski - 4pm to 5pm at Lobby in Yukon Arts Centre.
The following September 26 events are drop-in and DO NOT require registration.
1. Buskers performing on the Wharf (beside White Pass building) and in front of Kanoe People - 12pm to 4pm
2. Patrick Royle - Raku Firing and Demonstration - noon
3. Tin Type Photo Installation at Old Fire Hall 10am to 4pm
Behind KDCC in Culture Days Info Tent:
Mystery Tour sign up, Scavenger Hunt by YHMA and Info Booth
Find out what else is going on in town for Culture Days, sign up for the Mystery Tour (leaving three times a day for 90 min each tour), and view a moosehide tanning camp.
Detailed information on all the different activities will soon be listed at culturedays.ca/yt.
Saturday, September 26 - Sunday, September 27
Saturday, September 26 2020
Sunday, September 27 2020
Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre
September 26 | 10am-4pm