The Yukon Emerging Artist Program is an initiative of the Yukon Arts Centre supported by the RBC Foundation to support the professional development of Yukon artists by creating meaningful mentorship opportunities between emerging and established artists.
During this time of Covid-19, Yukon Arts Centre would like to support Yukon emerging artists in all genres (visual, performing, literary, and multi-media artistic practices) through our virtual Mentorship Program.
This program will provide honorarium of $500 for mentee and $500 for mentor/collaborator. Yukon emerging artists can apply through this program to propose a virtual mentorship or collaboration with an established CANADIAN artist. There are no deadlines for completion though projects must be completed within a reasonable time frame.
Emerging artist is:
• enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a related post graduate degree/program;
• uses their art as a primary source of income;
• devotes 24 hours a week or more to the pursuit of their art;
• self-selects as emerging;
• has not yet had a major exhibit of their work;
• has not yet emerged/been showcased beyond their primary country of residence;
Applicants must also provide the following:
• Brief description of project with schedule (must include at least three meetings between Mentor and Mentee)
• Brief bio of Mentor/Collaborator
Brief bio of Mentee
• Letter from Mentor/Collaborator agreeing to proposed mentorship
• Mentorship must be completed within a reasonable time frame
Final Report Requirements
• Upon completion of project, a brief final report with photo (if applicable)
• If final project involves community performance/show
• Testimonial from Mentee and Mentor
*If public presentation - RBC Foundation and Yukon Arts Centre must be credited. Logos available upon request.
The applications will be juried by staff members of Yukon Arts Centre and a member of the Yukon Arts Community.
Applicants will be notified ten days from receipt of application.