The Yukon Arts Centre in partnership with Arts Underground has created a comprehensive Art Library, located in the Arts Underground Resource Room. The collection is made up of catalogues, reference books and videos on local, national and international contemporary art.
- Individual Artists
- Group Catalogues
Although this is a non-lending library, you can view the entire collection by accessing the online catalogue. You’ll find the online catalogue useful, especially if you are looking for specific reference material.
15-305 Main Street, Whitehorse
Tuesday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday 11 am – 5 pm
ART LIBRARY: ONLINE CATALOGUE
HOW TO USE THE CATALOGUE:
- Go to http://www.librarything.com/catalog/YukonArtsCentre
- The default page lists the entire collection by Title and Author
- Choose to sort the collection in different ways by using the ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’, ‘E’ buttons on the Main Tool Bar or by clicking on the column header
- Use the ‘Search this library’ box to search for specific Titles, Authors, Tags, Comments, Reviews or Subjects using different fields and filters
- Or open a search box in your browser using the Ctrl+f (PC) or Cmd+f (Mac) command
- Get more information on a book simply by clicking on the Title
- Each record in our online category is tagged with its subject category and can be identified in the resource room using the following coloured stickers found on the spine:
-Individual Artist = Yellow sticker
-Group Catalogue = Red sticker
-Reference = Blue sticker
- By signing up on ‘Library Thing’ you can add to the discussion, give a review, add a book to your own wish list or add to your books.