The Technical Director is responsible for technical services at the Mainstage and Studio and provides technical leadership to the Old Fire Hall team. The Technical Director and his team provide technical support to the Art Gallery. The Yukon Arts Centre also programmes into the smaller communities throughout Yukon, and the Technical Director will support that programming as required.
Additional responsibilities include:
• act as liaison with the Properties Management Department,
• oversee minor facility maintenance and the custodial contractor,
• supervise maintenance of all stage equipment,
• manage infrastructure and systems projects,
• oversee health and safety programmes,
• develop and train a corps of casual stage crew,
• develop and train a corps of volunteer stage crew.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate of a post secondary live performance technical programme with at least five years working experience.
Key strengths will include leadership skills, a willingness to work in a flexible team environment and the ability to work with a wide range of external and internal clients. Given the high level of activity at YAC (typically 75% of the available Mainstage dates are used) efficient staff and resource scheduling is very important.
Technical skills should include;
• lighting design,
• live sound operation,
• strong computer skills in either MAC or PC or ideally both,
• a knowledge of CAD (Vectorworks),
• stage rigging,
• experience with finances, including the preparation of budgets.
Applications should be submitted to:
Al Cushing, CEO
Yukon Arts Centre
By e-mail to email@example.com
By mail to Box 16, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 5X9
By facsimile to 867-393-6300
Please include résumé, references and an indication of salary expectation.
Applications will be accepted up until 22 June 2012. Please note that we may only be able to reply to the individuals selected for interview.
Start date would be as soon as possible but no later than 13 August 2012.